Saturday, August 24, 2013

Welcome Home

It was a cloudy summer day. After much preparation, I made the long trek down Moreland to my brother's home, and finally picked up the cutie I have always been waiting for.

She immediately ran up to me, tail wagging, eyes bright, and looked as happy I was that she would be going home that day. The first few hours were a little tough, seeing as how little Sage had never left home before.

But once she realized that 26th street would be her new home, she snuggled right in. This little girl is a fighter. After getting sick as an itty bitty puppy and pulling through, the illness left her quite scrawny. Though even scrawny she was already 25 pounds at just four months.

Sage learned her new name within 1 hour, and has since learned a handful of commands. I have tried to keep them short and sweet and to the point - for both her and me to easily remember.

Sit
Go for a walk
Go potty
Let's go home
Come
Heel
Let's go to the kitchen
Go to bed
Stay... go!
Go get it
Bring it here
Are you hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment